From: berts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 15:46:39 +0100 (MET)

Amsterdam police arrest prostitutes from Ecuador

Last monday Amsterdam immigration officers in a large scale operation 
arrested some 90 persons, mainly Ecuadorians aged between 20 and 25, 
illegally residing in Holland. According to police sources the prostitutes 
had been causing lots of problems for a long time. During the operation 
some 100 policemen checked some 50 adresses all over Amsterdam. 
In the beginning of the afternoon more arrests were expected.
Police-spokesman Wilting declared that the action was directed against
"men posing as female prostitutes". Over the past few months police have
received a large number of complaints, mainly from the red light 
district of Amsterdam, of disturbance of the peace, fights,
small theft and agressive behaviour for which the Ecuadorians are held 
responsible. According to police sources the men (who were in all kinds
of different stage to becoming female) "showed it all" to passers-by. "We
do not want this sort here, just at a time when we are trying to make 
prostitution into an ordinary bussiness. It is a special group that is causing
all kinds of trouble. There have been many complaints about fights breaking
out when a john finds out he's dealing with a man. The transsexuals are also 
agressive to female prostitutes. It is beleived that they were driven out 
of the Bois de Boulogne near Paris and subsequently came to Holland". 
The Ecuadorians (and some from Columbia, the Dominican republic and Brazil) 
arrested were all found to be illegal immigrants and will be expelled 
before long. 

Love from Holland,

Bert Schuur

============================== A M S T E R D A M ============================ 
| berts@xs4all .nl            Gay Capital of Europe                         |
|                          Host to the 1998 Gay Games                       |
=============================================================================