Subject: GAY GROUP OUTED BY FLEMISH MAGAZINE

From: Federatie Werkgroepen Homosexualiteit vzw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 12:07:10 -0700 (PDT)

GAY GROUP OUTED BY FLEMISH MAGAZINE

Get Ready!, a very successful Flemish boyband consisting of four gay boys
(and a gay manager), have been outed in the most recent issue of ZiZo, the
Flemish lesbigay magazine. ZiZo accompanied the article with a sticker with
the slogan “Get Ready! Get Out!”.

The magazine outed Get Ready! because the band members continually lie about
their sexual preference. Media such as radio, TV and press publish or
broadcast these lies. Journalists who try to break the silence, are
threatened with lawsuits. If the boyband did not conceal the fact that
they’re gay, they could set a fine example for a lot of young Flemish gays
and lesbians. Get Ready! have the right to remain silent, but their lies are
an insult to the lesbigay community. They suggest something is very wrong
with homosexuality, and it is better to lie about your sexuality is you want
to keep your career a succesful one. 

Having had five great hits in a row, Get Ready! are now in a position where
they themselves can determine the rules of the game. Popartists in
neigboring countries have convincingly proved that you can be succesful
while being openly gay. The boyband and their manager were infuriated by the
article and the stickers. They reacted with two lawsuits against the
magazine, to stop the distribution and sale of ZiZo and the stickers.  Yet
the fans keep on supporting the band. On their most recent concert, fans
were even noted wearing T-shirts saying “Even if they are gay, we will still
love them”. The fans seem to be two steps ahead of the members of the band.

If you would like to receive more information about this item, you can
always contact ZiZo. Ask for Mark Sergeant or An Gydé, co-editors in chief.

Federatie Werkgroepen Homosexualiteit vzw <[email-masked]>