Subject: new program in costa Rica
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 21:52:42 -0600

New  Gender Studies Institute Opens in Costa Rica:

The Institute for Gender Studies,  a Costa Rican based   program focusing on
issues affecting women and sexual minorities,  will open its doors  in May,
according to Director Richard Stern.

The program offers individualized courses and internships in areas such as
Womens=B4 Studies, AIDS in Central America,  the machista culture, Gay
Studies,  and Human Rights.  Programs will be individually designed to meet
the student=B4s needs and  are available in English or Spanish. The=
 Institute
will also offer Spanish Language courses and homestay programs.

Faculty members include specialists in the above areas who  come from
various Costa Rican Insitutes and Universities.   Stern, the Director, is a
Doctoral level Psychologist with  8 years of experience in community
organization projects in Central America. The program is based in the San
Pedro neighborhood  of San Jose, about 3 miles East of downtown San Jose.

Information about the program is available by e-mail at
[email-masked]  or by fax or phone at=20
at (506) 234-2411.