Subject: *INFO*: COLORADO and OREGON
Newsgroups: soc.motss,alt.politics.homosexuality

In Colorado, there is a ballot initiative to prevent any future 
non-discrimination clauses any where in the state. This is being organised by
Colorado for Family Values [CFV]. They already have enough signatures, so that
the measure will be on the ballot in November. The group fighting them is 

A group in Colorado which is fighting the fundie initiative/referendum
is EPC (Equal Protection Campaign) at Box 300476, Denver CO 80203 or
phone 303-839-5540.  They need money.

In Oregon, the Oregon Citizens Alliance [OCA] has enough signatures to put a
amendment of the Oregon constitution to prevent any state, regional or local
monies to be used to ``promote, encourage or facilitate homosexuality, 
pedophilia, sadism or masochism''. Also, on Tuesday, the city of Springfield,OR
passed an initiative similar to the proposed statewide constitutional amendment
to amend its city charter by 241 votes [52%-48%]. In Corvallis, OR the ballot
initiative was defeated by 2 to 1. The group fighting against OCA is

 Campaign for a Hate Free Oregon, P.O. Box 3343, Portland, Oregon 97208
 (503) 232-4501.

This info is available by anonymous ftp at nifty.andrew.cmu.edu in the 
/pub/QRD/qrd/rights directory.