Subject: "WEDDING BANQUET" at KSU October 25
From: Kevyn D Jacobs <[email-masked]>

The K-State Taiwanese Film Festival Presents:

"The Wedding Banquet"

a film by Ang Lee
Chinese with English subtitles

=====================================================
WINNER: Best Film, Berlin Film Festival
WINNER: Best Film, Golden Horse Film Festival,Taiwan
NOMINATED: Best Foreign Film, Academy Awards (Oscars)
=====================================================

WHEN: Tuesday, October 25, 1994 at 8:00 p.m.   
WHERE: Forum Hall, K-State Union
       Kansas State University
       Manhattan Kansas
COST: FREE ADMISSION!
      (No one under 13 admitted)

Ang Lee's "Wedding Banquet" is a comedy that touches the controversial 
homosexuality problem.

SYNOPSIS:  A Taiwanese man lives with his American male lover in 
New York without his parents in Taiwan knowing about it. His 
parents try very hard to push him to get married. So, he 
arranges a fake wedding with a Chinese girl who knows all 
about his situation, but is willing to do it in exchange for 
the opportunity of staying in America. His parents then come 
the long way from Taiwan to New York to attend his wedding. 
Then, the story begins.
             
=================================================================
SPONSORED BY THE KSU TAIWANESE-CHINESE STUDENT ASSOCIATION
      and the
UNION PROGRAMMING COUNCIL