Subject: Purpose of the Traditional Values Coalition
From: [email-masked] (Bryan J. Blumberg)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1992 15:04:34 -0800

TRADITIONAL VALUES COALITION

>From the "California Voter's Guide"
Published by the Traditional Values Coalition.

WE ARE CONCERNED

Traditional Values Coalition is concerned about the issues that are 
striking out at the heart of America:

*  TVC stands for the unborn declaring their God-given and
   constitutional right to life and calls for legislation to free these
   silent victims of legitimized murder.
*  TVC supports "reparative therapy" and counseling for those desiring
   to leave the homosexual lifestyle and opposes local, state and
   national legislation granting special rights for homosexuals.
*  TVC takes an informed and aggressive stand against pornography.
*  TVC values the family unit and supports choice in education, home
   schooling, parents' rights, sexual abstinence outside of marriage and
   monogamous heterosexual marriage.
*  TVC is concerned and desires to protect our religious liberties that
   are currently under attack.

WE MOBILIZE

TVC monitors and addresses legislation that impacts the pro-family 
community and provides resources for churches and individuals to take 
action:

*  PAR (Public Affairs Representative)--To help educate and call to
   action church congregations, TVC has devised the PAR program.  The
   individual/committee services as a liaison between the church and
   TVC, providing information to the congregation on critical issues.

*  ACTION ALERTS--Action Alerts are designed specifically for church
   bulletins and are distributed when immediate action is needed on
   legislation or current events.

*  TRADITIONAL VALUES REPORT--TVC produces a bimonthly newsletter which
   includes current information and news updates on local, state and
   national legislation and issues.

*  PASTOR'S & LAY LEADERS' LEGISLATIVE BRIEFINGS--Several times a year,
   TVC's Legislative Briefings offer opportunities to meet legislators
   and discuss current and pending legislation.

*  SACRAMENTO & WASHINGTON, D.C. LOBBY OFFICES--We have lobbyists
   effectively vocalizing your concerns to our governmental officials in
   our state and national capitols.

WE GET RESULTS

Traditional Values Coalition knows what it takes to get results in every 
level of public policy on behalf of pro-family issues:

*  RELIGIOUS LIBERTY:  Conceived and sponsored the Religious Liberties
   Act (Calif SB2424), reversing a previous act (Calif SB1909) that
   forced over 2,000 California churches with their own Bible schools or
   colleges to submit to the State for approval of their faculty,
   curricula and administrative procedures.

*  CLARENCE THOMAS CONFIRMATION:  Rallied support for Clarence Thomas
   during the bitter confirmation battle by educating large numbers of
   black churches and pastors as to Thomas's qualifications.  TVC
   brought 350 black pastors to Washington, D.C. to demonstrate support
   of Thomas.

*  SEX EDUCATION:  Conceived and sponsored the Abstinence Bill (Calif
   SB2394), now law in all California School Districts, which mandates
   that sex education classes emphasize abstinence as the only 100%
   effective means of preventing unwanted teen pregnancies, AIDS and
   other STDs.  This legislation is now being emulated and introduced in
   other states across the nation.

*  ABORTION:  Galvanized support for sustaining the President's veto
   during the abortion battle in Congress over Title X funding
   regulations, which would have forced taxpayers to subsidize abortion
   providers.

*  "GAY RIGHTS":  Defeated Calif AB101, California's controversial "Gay
   Rights Bill" that would have forced businesses, including churches
   and Christian child care centers, to hire homosexuals.

(The Orange County Register called TVC "the quarterback" of the 
opposition.)

========================================
Bryan  J. Blumberg, The MacNeal-Schwendler Corporation
815 Colorado Boulevard, Los Angeles, California  90041-1777
(213) 259-4914, [email-masked]