From: Michael Bryan <[email-masked]>

The third meeting of the National Steering committe for the 1993
March on Washington for Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Equal Rights
and Liberation was held over the weekend of October 3 and 4, 1992
in Denver, Colorado.

The finalized platform (the March demands) and the calendar of events
(as of 9/15/92) were presented to the NSC.  The following is the
platform of the 1993 March On Washington, voted on and approved by
the NSC.

           Action Statement Preamble --- The Platform

The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender movement recognizes
that our quest for social justice fundamentally links us to the
struggles against racism and sexism, class bias, economic injustice
and religious intolerance.  We must realize, if one of us is
oppressed, we all are oppressed.  The diversity of our movement
requires and compels us to stand in opposition to all forms of
oppression that diminish the quality of life for all people.  We
will be viligant in our determination to rid our movement and our
society of all forms of oppression and exploitation, so that all
of us can develop to our full human potential without regard to
race, religion, sexual orientation/identification, identity,
gender expresssion, ability, age or class.

                     The March Demands

1.  We demand passage of a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
Civil Rights Bill and an end to discrimination by State and Federal
governments including the military; repeal of all sodomy laws and
other laws that criminalize private sexual expression between
consenting adults.

2.  We demand massive increases in funding AIDS education, research,
and patient care; universal access to health care including
alternative therapies; and an end to sexism in medical research
and health care.

3.  We demand legislation to prevent discrimination against lesbians,
gays, bisexuals and transgender people in the areas of family diversity,
custody, adoption and foster care and that the definition of family
includes the full diversity of all family structures.

4.  We demand full and equal inclusion of lesbians, gays, bisexuals
and transgender people in the educational system, and inclusion of
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender studies in multicultural
curricula.

5.  We demand the right to reproductive freedom and choice, to control
our own bodies, and an end to sexist discrimination.

6.  We demand an end to racial and ethnic discrimination in all forms.

7.  We demand an end to discrimination and violent oppression based on
actual or perceived sexual orientation/identification, race, religion,
identity, sex and gender expression, disability, age, class, and
AIDS/HIV infection.