From: [email-masked]

--

>>>> info glb-latinos-digest
[Last updated on: Wed Dec 17  0:41:29 1997]
glb-latinos Discussion List
(12/12/97)

This document is a guide to the glb-latinos Discussion List.

Anyone interested in participating in the list should read this document
carefully before requesting subscription.

The Discussion List  [email-masked] is an open email
distribution list serving the needs/interests/ concerns of Latino
Gays-Bisexuals-Lesbians-Transgenders-and-Supporters/Friends.

It is meant to be a safe and protective forum for
exchange/communication/networking between Latino lesbigaytrans & friends
on issues and experiences of mutual concern.

Towards this end, it seeks to address issues of personal and social
awareness and cultural diversity.

It is also meant as a supportive environment for Latino lesbigaytrans & 
friends who have been experiencing difficulties with regards to matters of
sexual orientation, be it their own or that of those they know. More
specifically, it seeks to assist individuals and groups to come to terms
with their sexual orientation and better understand the sensitivity of
these issues in their private and public domain.

It also means to provide a common front and clearinghouse for networking 
and resources for social and cultural activism.

This Discussion List is open to all who are concerned, respectful and
sympathetic to issues pertaining to Latino lesbigaytrans & friends.

In case of serious and/or repeated disruptive and/or hostile behavior,
members on the Discussion List may be removed at the discretion of the
list-owner/moderator in the interest of the list at-large.

Open-mindedness and civility are to be expected and appreciated from each 
and from all. The same go for confidentiality and discretion.  Do not
reveal the identity of any member without his/her knowledge and consent.

SUBSCRIBING

Subscription requests should be sent to [email-masked]

The first (not subject) line of the message should be

        subscribe glb-latinos

(If you wish the digest format, replace "glb-latinos" with
"glb-latinos-digest" in these examples.)

If you are subscribing a different address from the one you are using
to send the request, you should use a line of the form

        subscribe glb-latinos [email-masked]

Please pass the word about the existence of glb-latinos to 
friends/family/others who might  find the list to be of interest and
value.