Subject: Damron Address Book 1997 (Press Release)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:41:38 -0800

PRESS RELEASE
for immediate release
contact: Ian Philips
(800) 462-6654

1997 Damron Address Book: A Tradition of Innovation

Since 1964, gay men have trusted the Damron Address Book, the original gay
travel guide, to provide them with comprehensive, up-to-date travel
information. With the release of the 1997 Damron Address Book, the Damron
Company once again raises its own standards of excellence. The
ground-breaking 33rd edition contains almost 10,000 listings of gay-owned
and gay-friendly accommodations, bars, restaurants, cafes, gyms,
bookstores, retail shops, travel agents, publications, men's clubs, erotica
shops and Damron's (in)famous cruisy areas throughout the United States,
Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

At the heart of "the Guide" (as it's affectionately known to its almost 1
million readers) are Damron's signature "codes" that help readers get the
essential information about a business at a glance. First-time readers will
find the code chart located on the inside front cover for easy reference.
Whether you're looking for leather in Los Angeles, a piano bar in
Providence, or a drag show in Des Moines, you'll find it in the Damron
Address Book.

But while the Damron Address Book may be the "little black book of gay
travel," it doesn't stop there. Damron recognizes gay men's diversity, so
no matter what your size, shape or style, the Damron Address Book lists an
info line or social group for you. In response to reader requests, Damron
is once again including listings for a wide range of spiritual groups, from
Dignity to the Radical Faeries. And with the 1997 edition, readers will
find a new "TG" code to designate businesses that welcome transgendered
people.

Over the years, the Damron Address Book has been recognized as the leader
in gay travel guides by the New York Times, Out, and the Advocate. This
year Damron was honored with Out & About's Editor's Choice award for gay
media "for continuing innovation=8Aand rais[ing] the graphic quality standar=
d
for gay guides."

Damron's high standards show in the design of the 1997 Damron Address Book.
Graphic designer Beth Rabena Carr has put together what is surely the most
sophisticated design in Damron's history. Readers will enjoy the full color
"Male Order" section as well as the extensive calendar of events, listing
parties from here to Fat Tuesday.

Other guides may come and go, but for gay men everywhere, Damron is still
the first name and last word in gay travel.

............................................................................
..........................
       The Damron Company publishes lesbian & gay travel guides.
     For more information, call 800-462-6654 or 415-255-0404.
                           HTTP://WWW.DAMRON.COM/